[3830] ARRL 160 W0AH Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0AH Single Op LP
From: W0AH@AOL.COM (W0AH@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:34:53 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0AH
Operator(s): W0AH
Station: W0AH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 496  Sections = 74  Countries = 6  Total Score = 81,040

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Quiet conditions, but severe polar absorption.  EU was absent or just a whisper.
And it was easier to work the Carribean than New England.  Not a wholehearted
effort.  I slept 4 hours the first night and 7 the second, mainly just looking
for new sections the second night. Since when is Canada not part of North
America?  The contest rules include-
<<6. Miscellaneous:
6.1. The segment 1.830 to 1.835 should be used for intercontinental QSOs
only>>
I missed over a dozen contacts and one section by not calling stations inside
the DX Window.  Not that I'm that pure.  I worked North American stations
(Carribean and Alaska) that WERE inside the DX window.  I think the DX Window
should be eliminated or the rules should be changed to something like this-
((No USA or Canada stations may call CQ in the DX Window, 1830-1835)).
Otherwise, this contest will continue to be a 160M SS for most stations who are
not near the coasts. And stations will need to violate this contest rule to be
competitive.  Hope to see you in the Stu Perry, the best 160M contest there
is!
Doug W0AH  Woodland Park CO