[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cvg@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF VE3CVG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:07:04 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  124    43  Total Score = 7,353

Club:

Comments:

Contest conditions were poor, but a good turnout especially locals and
especially Saturday afternoon and Sunday late afternoon.

Some enhancement on 2m on Saturday night. Good opening on Sunday afternoon on 6m
to Canadian E and to USA SW, thank goodness or the scores would have been much
worse.

Poor propagation to Rochester - I didn't even work the big guys (except on one
or 2 bands). Good sigs with K2AXX in FN12 even on 1296MHz so what happened to
FN13? except for a very few stations. Did not hear expected groups in Quebec
except VE2JWH, nor expected groups in Southern ON except VE3EU and VE3SCP. Some
contacts with VE3OIL/r, WO2P/r, N2KXS/r but not as many as hoped.

This contest was both fun and disappointing for me.... but it was really
exciting to see so many of the locals out. Gotta keep up the momentum guys! More
aluminum, more height, more power .... more time and more $$$.

73.
Rick (VE3CVG)