[3830] NA Sprint CW K6CTA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6cta@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K6CTA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:13:10 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6CTA
Operator(s): K6CTA
Station: K6CTA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:
   40:
   20:
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

Ran home from caoching my youngest daughter's basketball game to get in front of
the radio about 15 minutes before the contest. Everything seemed fine, and I was
rolling along until I felt an odd burning sensation in my left arm. I looked
down and noticed that I had managed to cut it open on the edge of the glass
on the desktop! Never have done this in all the years I have been operating
from the same desk! Blood all over the place.....took a few minutes to a)find a
bandage, and b) clean up the mess! Felt pretty stupid! In any event, I was
pleased with my mult count....however, if I am going to get serious at this, I
can see that I need an amp for the second radio. I thought that I was going to
get to 300 Q's, but between my "medical emergency" and the low power/crummy
antenna on radio #2, it didn't happen. Still lots of fun....I love this
contest!
Thanks for the Q's!

Equip:

FT1000MPmkV