[3830] NA Sprint CW N6ZZ HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6ZZ HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:05:58 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6ZZ
Operator(s): N6ZZ
Station: N6ZZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   66
   40:  154
   20:  133
---------------------

Club:

Team: Azenmokers

Comments:

Note to self:  Check the station a little earlier to see if everything is
working!  On Saturday morning, I discovered that the 40m sloping dipole for
radio 2 had fallen down.  While fixing it, I noticed that the 80m dipole for
station 2 was no longer connected to the coax.  While fixing that, I noticed
that the outer insultation of the coax to that antenna was full of nice, big
cracks.  I could imagine my signal dribbling out of the cracks.  Oh well....

Then I discovered that the feedline for the 80m sloping dipole for radio 1 was
no longer connected.  By this time, it had started snowing.  The severe winds
that we had during the previous week had evidently taken their toll.

Discovered that the TS850 used for Radio 2 was not transmitting where I thought
it was, and the slope tuning was also way off.  Consequently, despite the work
on the Radio 2 antennas, this turned out to be a single radio operation.  Ended
up with 6 band changes instead of the 108 that I had in September!

I was always out of synch with VE9DX and K5GO (Ar), thus missing those mults.