[3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:28:34 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Idaho
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   48     :38
   40:   87    1:12
   20:  151    2:10
---------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team: Corner Pocket

Comments:

TS440, TH7, 40m dipole, wire through tuner

Personal high on QSO's, but not mults, so not a personal high score.
Had my best cw sprint hour ever the first hour (81) but was sub-par after
that.

Felt LOUD On 20m, and made more qso's there than ever before, in almost exactly
the same amount of time as usual.  I put up a new 40m dipole, and it seemed to
work pretty well.  Everyone was louder on the dipole than on the old wire.  But
for some reason I just couldn't get it together on 40, thus suffering in total
score.  I usually got beaten out by the boyz in CA... probably just a strategy
problem, and something to work on for next time. :)  80 seemed pretty good here
compared to most sprints.  Worked a few east coasters that I never ever work on
80, and lots of W4's.  It was definitely "long" though, and west coast signals
were way down.

Only mult heard but not worked was DE.  How did everyone else manage to work 50
or more mults??? At least it's more than 37.  Not real sure (again) where I
screwed up.  Nice to work VA7CW for the super rare (at least from here) VE7
mult.  Missed VY1JA, VE2,
VE9DX etc etc etc in VE.  Nice to work ZF1DZ, XF1K, KL7WV.

The HARDEST station for me to work in any sprint is K4AAA.  99.9% of the time I
will get beat out to him.  Obviously he's doing something right!  Awesome.

A few pictures of W7UQ at http://www.kl7g.org/kl9a/w7uq.htm

73,
Chris KL9A
kl9a@qsl.net