[3830] RTTY WPX GM4FDM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tom@gm4fdm.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX GM4FDM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:12:17 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: GM4FDM
Operator(s): GM4FDM
Station: GM4FDM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: sCOTLAND
Operating Time (hrs): ----

   80:    0     0
   40:   66   282
   20:  209   456
   15:  357   840
   10:  171   400
-----------------
Total:  803  1978  Prefixes = 365  Total Score = 721,970

Club: GM DX Group

Comments:

After all the hullabaloo on the reflector about Writelog etc, I decided to stick
with RCKRtty and it performed flawlessly, both with the keyboard and the mouse.
 Thanks Walter for some pretty good software.
My station consists of my trusty FT1000MP some 7 years vintage, a Challenger 2
Amplifier ( 2 x 3Cx800), a Cushcraft A4S and a 40m dipole.   I dont have an 80m
yard (hihi).   I didnt have much time to spend on the Saturday but when I was on
I found condx to be mediocre at best.   Sunday was much better and I managed to
spend most of the time at the rig till suppertime when I had to quit.
My best memory was being called by S21YV and working KH7X over the pole last
gasp on 20m.   I don't know how AA5Au and the rest of the SO2R guys do it, but I
dont have enough fingers/hands and brain memory to cope with the one radio never
mind two.  I think my brain needs another 64M RAM....   I must confess I didnt
hear too many poor signals.   The point which caused me most aggravation were
the folks who just send their callsign and NOT prefixed by DE and so the
software doesn't pick up the callsign which has to be inserted manually.   It
spoils the concentration in a run and can lead to doubling.  So come on guys,
when sending your callsign to a run station - pse insert a DE before the call.
Looking forward to the BARTG in the Spring.   Will continue to use RCKRtty....
73 de tom
gm4fdm