[3830] RTTY WPX MU3EFB SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX MU3EFB SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:05:54 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: MU3EFB
Operator(s): MU3EFB
Station: MU3EFB

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   10   40
   40:   26  118
   20:  119  253
   15:  161  357
   10:
-----------------
Total:  316  768  Prefixes = 200  Total Score = 153,600

Club:

Comments:

Hi

Had a great time playing in the WPX RTTY contest. Worked many new stations and
countries below is a few of the highlights.
Please bear in mind that with the MU3EFB call I am only allowed 10 watts
output
The station this end is a Yaesu FT847 10 watts output into a G5RV antenna at
about 30 feet above ground

KP2D 40m
T77CD 40 and 20m
K3KO 40m
P43P 40m
JY9NX 40m 20m 15m
CN8KD 40m
YL7C 80m
4K6DI 15m
PJ7/W1CX 15m 20m
AN9IB 20m
OY4TN 15m
9G5GA 15m
YE1D 15m
9M2TO 20m
TK5JJ 20m
HP1/DJ7AA 15m

Band    QSOs QSO points Prefixes Score:
80m:      10    40        10
40m:      26    118       25
20m:     119    253       57
15m:     161    357      108
10m:       0    0          0
Totals   316   768        200   153600

Now for the downside of this weekends contest after the last contest a saw
comments on the reflector that GU0SUP was mostly operating in the search an
pounce mode and not calling CQ so I spent a fair amount of my time CQing and
running a small pileup but why do stations join the pileup work me then take the
frequency if they don?t take the frequency they only move 200-300 hertz?s and
then start calling forcing me to move this happened on numerous occasions.

I also agree with Phil on contest exchange as I saw several stations working
each other thinking they were working MU3EFB also I don?t need my callsign 3
time and yours once try doing it the other way round also please use space?s or
? between numbers and not comers.

Anyway thanks to all who worked me and made the contest so enjoyable
See you all in the next contest.

73 Keith MU3EFB