[3830] UBA CW 9A6C SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] UBA CW 9A6C SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:57:04 -0800
                    UBA DX Contest, CW

Call: 9A6C
Operator(s): 9A6C
Station: 9A6C

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Split
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:
   40:  517    29
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  517    29  Total Score = 33,292

Club:

Comments:

Equipment: TS930s + 400W (occasionally)
           Inverted V over flat loop @ 10 m agl

Very nice contest! This time I installed a temporary inverted V to have a
resonant antenna for a change. It worked fine, although few more meters up or
elements wouldn't hurt.
Activity was fine, seems that this contest is very popular in UA9. As usual,
W1MK opened the path to USA, followed by many others.
Funniest thing that happened during the contest was working W2MUM followed by
W3DAD one hour later. I wonder where WB2SON was, out somewhere having fun?
Sunday morning was a bit sloooow, fortunately some HSC guys made some noise and
shared few contatcts with us UBA people...
In periods of low activity on Sunday morning I remembered K5ZD's article about
sleep deprivation during contests. Since rates were poor, I was watching TV
untill I suddenly catched myself hitting F1 on a TV remote controller. Then I
took a walk outside at zero degrees on a balcony. Helped.
Murphy was away most of the time, just messed a little bit around the
amplifier.

73 Gogo 9A6C