[3830] CaQP W6PH Cnty Exped LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6PH Cnty Exped LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:43:18 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Cnty Exped LP
QTH: Inyo County
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   91    156
   40:  124     17
   20:  236    241
   15:  243    323
   10:   94    201
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  TS930S, A3S at 25 feet, 40m vertical and an 80m dipole at 35 feet.

I was going to operate high power but my SB200 started smoking right before the
contest (diode failure).  So I made the decision to operate low power and I was
only down 60 QSOs from last year.  The equipment is in storage all year between
CQPs and I never have enough time to put up antennas and check equipment before
the contest starts.    My location is about 1000 feet above the Owens Valley
floor right below Mt Whitney.  I am still plagued with power line noise in the
east direction, so I face my beam to the northeast which is a compromise to
lessen the noise impact.  I got my last multiplier (KL7FAP) about 30 minutes
before the end of the contest.  This is still my favorite contest and it
coincides with our visit to the Lone Pine Film Festival (celebrating the old
Western movies) on Columbus Day weekend.