[3830] CQWW SSB YV5LIX SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB YV5LIX SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:18:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: YV5LIX
Operator(s): YV5LIX
Station: YV5LIX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Caracas
Operating Time (hrs): 5.3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  688    29       72
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

TRX: Yaesu FT-100D (yes FT-100D)
Amplifier: Tokyo Hy-Power HL-2K
Antenna: Home brew 4 elements mono-band Yagi-Uda @ 13 meters
Software: K1EA CT v9.91.002

Comments:

Most interesting DX QSO: Been called by JT1BV in the pileup with a 59+ signal
during a 5 QSOs per minute run.

Very interesting contest with very good propagation conditions, but on Sunday at
03:00 AM Local time (07:00 UTC) I had to go to YV9 (12 driving hours round trip)
to pick up the antennas, masts and equipments used during the recent 4M9YY
DXpedition of October 13-18 so I didn't have the time for a full time contest
operation, hence my operating time was limited to only 5.3 hours mostly to give
the multiplier to as many fellow hams as possible.