[3830] CQWW CW PT5A(@PP5JR) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2emc@pobox.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PT5A(@PP5JR) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:59:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PT5A
Operator(s): PY2EMC, PY1KN, PY1NX, PY3DX, PY2RO, PY2FUS, PP5TD, PP5NW, IV3NVN,
OH6DO
Station: PP5JR

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Boa Vista
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:   150    17       45
   80:   339    28       85
   40:  1099    37      129
   20:  2940    39      147
   15:  3798    40      153
   10:  3298    40      151
-------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Again, contesting is a worderfull learning experience from all aspects.

It always have an aspect to improve that makes you reflect about the bad an good
thing thats you did on the contest.

Our 80mts 4-Square antenna broke twice before the contest and we have to fix.
The last one was on the weekend before the contest and we only fixed late on
Wednesday.

Antenna switching boxes had electrical failure and again we had find a
workaround to fix it - Nice field day when you were supposed to be resting and
observing the propagation.

We had a two major electrical outages for about two hours. Murphy was not
invited but was there and off course one of our generators did not started. Time
to pray and eat something while Sergio PP5JR was calling the energy company
begging to re-stablish the energy as soon as possible.

It is a radio contest and we need to spend a lot of time on infrastructure itens
like network, UPS, Generator, electrical issues, water, etc ... Funny isn`t it
?

No complains at all, just sharing that you need to be creative and find solution
to problems. Yes it is always an opportunity to learn something.

Two of my favorite phrases to think about ...

1 - "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work
and learning from failure." - Colin Powell

2 - "To love what you do and fell that it matters - How could anything be more
fun ?" -  Katherine Grahan

Thank you very much to all that joined us on the big party and see you next year
!

Happy Holidays

73's from PT5A Team