[3830] ARRL 160 W4ZV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, btippett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W4ZV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 07:17:16 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 3.6

Total:  QSOs = 345  Sections = 65  Countries = 16  Total Score = 60,507

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Spent a few hours mainly checking Orion's front-end in 160 contest conditions.
The only way I could make any IMD products appear was to turn up my external
preamp to max gain.  Also checked the latest CT rev (9.92.002) for Orion which
apparently solved a bug (auto-selecting UCW when entering any frequency).  Now
it keeps whatever passband was set on the same band previously.

Heard a few weak EU stations the first day but then several fairly nice signals
the second evening, although they seemed to fade up and down depending on the
time.  Conditions have to be decent for EA3JE to hear anyone and he was actually
making a few QSO's simplex on 160!  ;-)

73,  Bill  W4ZV