[3830] ARRLDX CW N2NT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nt@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2NT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:00:02 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: N2NT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  105    56
   80:  459    79
   40: 1088    97
   20: 1095    99
   15: 1083    90
   10:  411    84
-------------------
Total: 4241   505  Total Score = 6,423,600

Club:

Comments:

Instead of a story,
Here's a little funny synopsis of my weekend.

               Good News                                Bad News

Stayed up 48 hours              For the past 25 years, I am usually sick
                                during this contest.
                                This was no exception. Had a virus. But it
                                wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Friday was my Birthday.         Missed the start while eating late
                                birthday dinner. Couldn't find a frequency on
                                40, so just s&p'd for a while.

New 80 mtr antenna works.       I thought I was loud until I realized EVERYONE
                                was running;
                                even midwest, etc. False sense of security.

New 15 mtr antenna works.       I always forget to beam Africa in the afternoon,
                                since the  pattern is so sharp. Nothing but EU

                                ever calls me on that thing. I am missing some
                                easy mults there.

I can use Writelog, TRlog       I used CT as usual for the DX contest.
                                In TRlog CTRL-enter will log the QSO, without
    or CT.                      sending anything. I use it alot.
                                Well in CT, it puts the QSO in the bandmap
                                and erases it. I have no idea how many qso's
                                I lost doing this. I realized  it too late :)

Fixed the 40 mtr beam.          I now have horrible hash on all bands when
                                I xmit on 40. That made SO2R almost useless
                                when I was CQing on 40.
                                Could only find loud guys.

Thanks to all the DX that was
   willing to QSY;              It's amazing to me that some DX will not move,
 especially D4B, GW3KGV,        even though  nobody is calling them.
and WP3R.(they know why)        They ignore allrequests, when if they would
                                quickly QSY, they wouldn't miss a beat.

Power Company to fix line noise.  No way before the contest. Luckily it was
                                 only on sporadically.
                                I also found a way to  null it out
                                with an MFJ 1025.  That box has come
                                in handy quite often.

Wife tried to help with food.    She put half a chicken in front of me.
                                 Not the easiest thing to eat while typing
                                 and sending. She meant well :)

My best score ever from home.     Really no down side to that!
                                  Had a blast.

73, Andy N2NT