[3830] IARU K4RO SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K4RO SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:23:54 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
---------------------------
Total:  600    500    135  Total Score = 400,000

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Approximate score.  Part time, about 15 hours of operation.
Thunderstorms shut me down for several hours,and it would
have been tough to try to compete in the wall--to-wall static
crashes.  I did have a lot of fun operating when the weather
cooperated.

The contest started with terrible DX conditions, but the
rate was hot - 75 CW QSOs logged in the first 30 minutes,
but there was very little DX to be worked. And then the
thunderstorms came, and they just kept coming and coming.
EU opened very late in the afternoon (2200z) on 15, and I remember a
a nice JA run on 20 meter CW about 0700z.  There were sporadic
bursts of EU on 15 and 20, but the continent list says it all.
This is the opposite of 2002, when it was mostly all DX.
Farewell sunspots, it was nice knowing ya...

Congratulations to Ric Wo4o for getting QRP and LP categories
added to the contest.  No mean feat, going up against the
odds and actually getting categories added.  And congrats
to IARU/ARRL for making the changes happen.  I hope more LP
and QRP types operated the IARU as a result.

73

-Kirk  K4RO