[3830] Collegiate QP W6YX(N7MH) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Collegiate QP W6YX(N7MH) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:10:51 -0700
                    Collegiate QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Stanford University
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:          37             2
   15:           3
   10:          31
-----------------------------------
Total:   0      71      0      2  Total Score = 770

Club:

Comments:

Played in this for a few hours testing out SO2R box.  It took me a half hour or
more to get WriteLog set up for this contest.  I finally got all the exchange
elements set up only to realize that I didn't allow for enough characters in the
name field.

I stayed on 10 meters for an hour and a half calling CQ.  As often happens, the
band was open but very few stations were there.  Solid S9 signals from Texas,
the southeast US, South America, and the Pacific.  I wasn't getting many answers
on 15 meters, then realized that I'd been CQing on our 80-meter dipole which had
been put into the 15-meter position on the Six-Pak.

Called CQ on CW for a brief time on 15 and 10, but no answers.  Finally worked a
couple other college stations on 20 just before I quit to do the sprint (I got
#1 from both of them), otherwise my score would have been zero.

-Mike, N7MH