[3830] NA Sprint SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:25:05 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   70
   40:   85
   20:  167
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for the use of his FB station.  Since my last visit
there for WPX SSB, Allan has recabled the two-radio set-up with a fully
automatic Array Solutions Six-Pak, and he has also reinstalled the N6BT-designed
SO2R switch box that we've been using there for a number of years.

    So-so conditions on all three bands from here in BC - could have been
better, but could have been a lot worse.  I thought that activity was down
somewhat - and certainly not as many stations as usual from W9-SMC territory.

    Heard and missed MS and ME.

    The worst of the Murphy visits were loss of the DVP board when I powered up
the PC for the contest (had to go live for the whole 4 hours), and some pretty
bad S-9 line noise for about 45 minutes about 3.5 hours in.

     Thanks to all for the Qs.

73,

Gary