[3830] Makrothen RTTY VA7ST SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY VA7ST SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:08:51 -0700
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:   10   33606
   40:   42  190689
   20:  165  995515
   15:   55  302816
   10:    0       0
------------------
Total:  272  152626  Total Score = 1,522,626

Club:

Comments:

* 3 el. tribander at 45'
* Several 80/40 dipoles at various heights
* N1MM logger and MMTTY
* FT920 with no filters (damn... not here yet. Could've used 'em!)

Outstanding contest format and conditions were great on all but 10M from
southern BC. Had a great time, and was surprised to see 20M so wide open to EU
(and beyond) on Sunday morning -- got up early to check it and nothing, but 2
hrs later it was packed.

Biggest thrill? Being called by FR1HZ in the middle of an EU run Sunday morning
on 20. We even had a little chat -- and I sure appreciated the 16,691 kms and a
net new one. Also worked VU2WAP, but he wasn't in the contest at the time.
First-ever VU2 for me. Managed to eke out a Q with 9M2/G4ZFE (12,920 kms).

Looking forward to the next Makrothen. Participation this time around was
great!

73, Bud VA7ST