[3830] CQWW CW G4FKA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, geoff.plucknett@baesystems.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G4FKA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:45:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  153     6       38
   40:   96     9       37
   20:  136    12       38
   15:  101    12       28
   10:   15     6       10
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I'm not a CW fiend so this was just a bit of search & pounce in a contest with a
preditable information exchange! Nice to get a few more QSOs in the log, give a
few points away to the serious entrants and get a few new countries as well.

Usual station, IC-706MkIIG with the 15m inverted V doublet at 6m up the oak
tree. However I modified the antenna with one side of the twin feed earthed and
a few ground radials put out. Helped to match it on the lower bands as a sort of
top loaded vertical. Not quite sure what mode it was in on any given band but it
seemed to work one way or the other! Couldn't get it to work on 160 so will have
to try something different there. No computers here so hope the manual sending
wasn't too bad.

Geoff G4FKA