[3830] CQWW CW GM5A(@GM6NX) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gm0cln@cpsarc.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW GM5A(@GM6NX) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:59:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GM5A
Operator(s): GM3YTS, MM0BSM, MM0CCC, GM0RLZ, GM0CLN, GM4ZRR, GM4FDM, GM0NAI,
G3AB, G3VMW, GM3YOR, MM3GVE
Station: GM6NX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: STIRLING, SCOTLAND
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160: 1049    15       64
   80: 1752    26      103
   40: 1973    36      129
   20: 2185    39      134
   15: 1391    33      127
   10:  358    27       92
------------------------------

Club: GMDX GROUP

Comments:

Another great contest - it's just a pity about conditions.   Yet again we
suffered badly because of auroral effects.   These were paricularly noticeable
on the HF bands here at 56 degrees North!   The 10m score shows this only too
well as the band never quite got going properly all weekend.   Our overall 15m
total was considerably suppressed too, although not quite so badly.

20m again proved to be the main workhorse although 40 wasn't all that far
behind.   On the whole we were quite pleased with our LF performance even though
the bands were very changeable and quite noisy at times.   We definitely need
some dedicated LF receive antennas though!   Next year perhaps!

Comparing to last year it is clear that we should have moved more mults than we
did and we have over 1500 QSOs less which is too many!   The only areas we
improved in were 160m QSOs (+155), 80m QSOs (+218), 80m Countries (+3), 40m
Countries (+5), 20m Zones (+2) and 20m Countries (+7).   All our other scores
were down and as a result we ended up with 41 mults and 4.7 million points less
than in 2003!

So far as Murphy was concerned we faired well this time.   I can honestly say
that we had no major problems all weekend.   A little 10m/80m inter-station RF
(due to proximity of antennas) and a few PC lock-ups were the worst we
encountered.   A big pat on the back is therefore due to the guys who carried
out improvements after CQWW SSB.   They re-configured our PC network,
built/assembled our new 80m vertical, replaced a rotator on the 20m tower,
completed logging PC upgrades and installed a Writelog patch (to prevent the
problems we and others encountered in CQWW SSB).

This time we were joined by Andy G3AB and Steve G3VMW who travelled North to
join in the fun.    We'd like to thank them for their welcome assistance.   Also
thanks to everyone for the QSOs and to our hosts Stirling & DARS
for their hospitality.

Next year, as ever, we plan to be bigger and better and have a list of possible
improvements already drawn up so watch this space....

Regards
Colin (GM0CLN)
On Behalf Of The GMDX Group Contest Team

The GM5A CQWW SSB Report & Photos are available on the GMDX group web
site at...   www.gmdx.org.uk/index.html