[3830] ARRLDX CW XE1NTT/2(@XE2K) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6an@phgmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW XE1NTT/2(@XE2K) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:53:33 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: XE1NTT/2
Operator(s): XE1NTT
Station: XE2K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:  173    45
   80:  449    51
   40:  653    56
   20:  981    58
   15:  807    57
   10:  633    53
-------------------
Total: 3696   320  Total Score = 3,500,000

Club:

Comments:

First of all, my thanks to Hector, XE2K, for opening his station to me on very
short notice.  In one day he put up a fine 160 meter antenna and adjusted the 75
meter antenna to 80 meters.  Everything worked fine for me the whole weekend.
Gracias, mano!
I found out the hard way that XE1NTT/2 at high speed is not so easy to copy,
hi!
Next time I will figure out how to add space on either side of the second T.

Saturday morning was a treat.  For one thing, the band opened well and for
another I managed a 203 hour!  If only conditions had stayed so good for several
more hours.
80 and 160 meters were fun with sufficiently quiet conditions to get good
results.  I'd appreciate any reports of signal quality and strength you care to
share.
Managing to stay awake as long as I did with no extra sleep before the contest
makes me pretty happy.  I did find myself falling asleep for brief moments
during slower runs.  Some of you must have been wondering why I was hesitating
to confirm receipt of your report!  And my right hand ring finger had a
tendency
to be the manifestation of my sleepiness.  A series of Ls would appear in the
call window and after the fourth one my computer would send them, hi!  My alarm
clock was hearing them being sent.
On 10 meters I got a thrill when VE7UF and K7ABV called in with ghost signals
for back to back multipliers.  Thanks!  I never heard 4 of the 62 mults.
My equipment was an FT-1000 Mark V and MLA2500 amp running 500 watts, sometimes
100 watts on 15 meters.  Antennas were inverted vees on 160/80 and a 3 element
tribander at 140' and a 4 element quad at 60'.  I felt loud all weekend.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  It was lots of fun!

73, David  XE1NTT/N6AN