[3830] WPX CW VA3NR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VA3NR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 18:09:55 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VA3NR
Operator(s): VA3NR
Station: VA3NR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   69
   40:  305
   20:  304
   15:  138
   10:   48
------------
Total:  864  Prefixes = 414  Total Score = 1,133,118

Club:

Comments:

Great conditions made for a very enjoyable contest.

I started out a bit shakey though.  With the low A-index my strategy was going
to focus on the low bands but couldn't get any rate going - took a few minutes
to find everyone enjoying the good 20m condx.  Ditched my strategy and went
along with everyone else.

Managed a new personal best, but left lots of room for improvement.  I
frequently felt out of sync.  I might have been on the right band for stateside
propagation but the wrong band for the activity pattern.  There's lots of
chances in WPX for a VE to run stateside but I have to remember that most of the
casual guys are focused on working DX.  (I might be worth 4 points on 40, but
thats no good if most guys are chasing 3-pointers on 20.)  Might be different if
condx tank.  Should have pushed the second rig - too lazy this weekend.  Also
could have operated another 12 hours, and time in the chair makes a BIG
difference in WPX! - but this is about as close to a fulltime effort as I can
manage.

Thanks for all the QSO's.  Lots of excellent CW!

73,
Chris VA3NR

[Mark-V Field & Butternut vertical]