[3830] ARRL June VHF KD4JXZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd4jxz@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KD4JXZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:50:38 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  49     20  Total Score = 980

Club:

Comments:

This was the first contest I participated in. From my QTH in Richmond, Va. I was
using a Kenwood TS-711A, TE Systems 170 watt amp and a homebrew 5 element beam I
made from a $20 Radio Shack FM antenna. My location definitely helped me as my
house is located at the highest point in my county. The beam was mounted 10 feet
above my house, which is estimated to be 380 feet above sea level. I worked as
far northeast was northern CT. I was quite pleased with the results considering
my setup was less than adequate as compared to most contesters!!
73
KD4JXZ