[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:40:30 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-19)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0        0
   80:   0        0
   40:  22
   20:  16
---------------------
Total:  38     Mults = 12  Total Score = 456

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP x2 (SO2R), 100 watts output, TH6DXX, zepp, dipole.

Plans for an out-of-town trip today changed when my XYL's routine examination
resulted in a recommendation for surgery tomorrow for a large polyp.  We will
appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Multipliers kept the score up with fewer QSOs than in many weeks.  20 meters was
weak except to WA and CO.  Did get scatter QSOs with K8AJS, K1GU, and K4LTA on
20.  40 was long and I couldn't hear any 4th area stations there.  Signals were
generally strong on 40.  Heard old friend KN0V in MN, which would have been a
new multiplier, but couldn't get in sync for a QSO with him.  20 meters again
this week almost dropped out toward the end, and this week I listened to 80,
during the last 10 minutes.  However, I heard NO activity on 80.  Didn't
actually call myself though.

Hope everyone had a good time.  Hope to be QRV again next week.

73,

John, K4BAI.