[3830] CaQP AD6WL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AD6WL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:05:28 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: AD6WL
Operator(s): AD6WL
Station: AD6WL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SBER
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   12     45
   80:   68     85
   40:  150    159
   20:  181    366
   15:   60     92
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

Like other ops stated I started out at a blistering pace.  I had a ten minute
QSO rate of over 170 per hour with the first hour being 126 QSOs.  I had worked
43 mults the first hour including HI, YT, SD and AK.  The 58 mult sweep was
looking certain, hey I may have a chance at the first to get all 58 at this
rate.  Obviously the majority of the action was on 20 meters so the remaining
hours slowed down a lot.  I worked SO2R with one radio for phone and the other
for CW on separate bands during the slow periods.  Some of the signals on 15m
were strong but no activity on 10m.  Even NP4N and I  moved there but never
heard a peep from each other.

Overall it was a lot of fun with plenty of activity and participants.  One of my
favorite contests.  Many thanks to the NCCC and the ops who participated.  There
were a lot of PA stations so make sure you get on their QSO party next
weekend.

73, Jim
AD6WL

Station Setup.

Station 1:
Yaesu FT10000MP MarkV
ACOM 2000A amp
Dunestar bandpass filter w/ Top Ten Band Decoder.
US tower 72? w/ Force 12 C4SXL, Inverted Vs for 160, 80

Station 2:
Icom 756 ProIII
ICE 419A bandpassfilter, manual switch
US tower 33? w/Force12 C19XR and 2m, 6m beams
Butternut HF9V vertical

SO2R devices
Array Solutions six pak
Writelog SO2R box and keyer