[3830] CQWW CW WA8REI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KLOUKS@USOL.COM
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA8REI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:11:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WA8REI
Operator(s): WA8REI
Station: WA8REI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Freeland Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    6     1        2
   80:   13     2        3
   40:   28    12       20
   20:   90    15       52
   15:    9     4        9
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-817 at 5 watts out; Antennas: 80 m. sloper dipole; Hustler 4BTV vert gnd
mtd.; MFJ-941E tuner; Bencher ST-2 paddle.
QSO Points: 366  Total Mults: 120
Op time: 27 hrs this yr due to Sunday family get-together.  My 2nd consecutive
QRP pwr class in this 'test. [Last yr's QRP score: 61,376].
57 unique countries; 17 unique zones.  Every QSO was EARNED this yr! Special tnx
to ALL who put forth EXTRA EFFORT to complete an exchange.  Best DX: KH7,
Macedonia, Aland Islands.  Great to wk Alaska and several Canary Island stns
thru pileups!  Bands generally poor; catch vs. attempt rate poor. Pathetic
overall rate of 5.4 QSOs per hour!  Still, more fun than a Flying Pig belly-deep
in slop.  Most ops vy courteous and would not bk in during exchanges.  The rules
should specify NO SPLIT FREQ OPERATION!  A couple DX stns used split mode, thus
using 4 times the bandwidth.  If everyone op'd split, we'd need the entire RF
spectrum!  Any agreement on tt point?  C U nxt yr, and let's pray tt the
propagation gods won't all be in deep hibernation then!