[3830] CQWW CW K5GO M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5go@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5GO M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:38:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K0OU, K0VBU, K5ALU, K5GO, K5LG, K5VR, K9BGL, KC2G, KM5G, N5DX,
N5ECT, N5RR, WD5R
Station: K5GO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ARKANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  192    17       43
   80:  329    28      107
   40:  912    37      131
   20: 1702    39      146
   15:  585    29      112
   10:  102   165      578
------------------------------

Club: Ozark Contest Club

Comments:

It was a fun weekend.

We had three who were able to make it for the first time.  Thanks to Doug,
N5ECT, who worked 160M all night and to Marlene, WD5R, for making the trip with
him.  K9BGL did an outstanding job of chasing those multipliers on 80M.  We can
hear quite well but don't quite have the transmit signal to run them on 80M in
this contest.  The Arkansas section adds about 5 dB in the ARRL Contest so we
look forward to having Karl for that.  107 countries on 80M is good from
Arkansas.  N5RR, our new friend from Branson, MO, stayed with it all night both
nights pulling out some new good ones on bands that may have not been occupied
otherwise and helped out in a number of other ways.  Bill will be a great
asset.

K0OU and K0VBU are great operators and friends.  Steve and Bill took charge of
15M and helped when needed on others.  We are so pleased that they can come down
to work the contests with us.

N5DX who has previously operated 15M exclusively moved to 20M and with the
addition of a second radio it made a big difference in our score.  Red, K5ALU,
started on 20M and had over 100 the first hour.  Everyone had a chance to try
the two radio thing and it worked flawlessly.  Kevin and Art, KC2G, made quite a
good team when operating together on 20.

As usual, Chuck, KM5G, did most of the 40M work and did a great job.

There were very few problems except when I decided to build another magic relay
box to put two radios on 40M. Built the box, configured a new computer, made
cables, etc. after not sleeping for 35 hours and confused the whole operation
for a couple of hours, moving a station from 10M to 40M.  Thanks to K5LG and
K5VR for all their help when I was about ready to get upset with myself for
taking on this project in the middle of the contest.

I think everyone made a concerted effort on our error rate which has been way
too high in the past.  Looking forward to seeing the UBN report this time.  I
think as we try to dedicate people to specific bands as much as possible instead
of playing musical chairs we will continue to improve.  Perhaps someday in the
future I will take a band and work it without getting involved in extraneous
activities.

73, and Happy Holdays from all of us in Harrison, Arkansas - Stan, K5GO