[3830] ARRL 160 W6XR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, natan@twcny.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W6XR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:56:21 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 202  Sections = 62  Countries = 12  Total Score = 33,226

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had a good time and that's what matters for me!  I had planned a rather complete
effort but had a fire call on Friday night that took away most of the night and
Sat. morning so I changed plans.  Hopefully my amp. will return by the next
contest as running barefoot was once again a humbling experience.  We had very
high winds just before and during the contest that managed to destroy both my
rx. antennas so I had to use the 1/4 wave vertical for tx and rx.

Amazing signals from 6Y0A, ON4UN and OK1RF as their signals were just simply
loud.   Good ops and for the most part the window was observed by non-dx types.