[3830] NAQP CW KZ5D Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KZ5D Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:26:57 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   88    33
   80:  158    45
   40:  205    47
   20:  186    45
   15:   44    10
   10:
-------------------
Total:  681   180  Total Score = 122,580

Club: Cajun Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Rustlers

Comments:

Got off to a very slow start while trying to figure out which band was best.
Answer: None. But 20 was where I shoul d have bee. Oh well, I did find out that
10 meters never did open here, because I checked it often. (Wishful
thinking!).

Finally decided to hit 40 early, and that proved to be a good idea. I was very
pleased with my modest low band antenna farm's performance.

I believe that most of the time off should have been taken during the daylight
hours. But I forged ahead and paid the price later on, having to QRT in the 10
p.m. hur when 80 was really jumping.

All in all, this is great fun. Besides the Qs, this is one contest that requires
some thought.

Thanks to all for the contacts.