[3830] CQ160 CW N6ZO Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chetmoore@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N6ZO Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:41:22 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6ZO
Operator(s): N6ZO
Station: N6ZO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: chesapeake va
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 573  State/Prov = 0  Countries = 93  Total Score = 157,542

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

xyl invited company Saturday and Sunday evenings aaaaaarrrrrrrrggghhhhh.
single op with packet using the W2UP rotatable loop on rx was better than the
inverted L most of the time. worked the 3v8 and 7x0 for new band countries.

Ran 300 feet of wire across the corner of my neighbors yard and  down the street
(after dark so he wouldn't see it) as a bog. Very consistent in that it had the
same high noise level both terminated and unterminated. I  Rate this antenna as
a failure since it had the same noise level as the inverted L. I'm sure that the
cars running over the bog didn't help but it was noisy before any cars came down
the street.  Rolled it up at 0200 local. Didn't waste my time again Saturday
night.  I'll try something else next year.  Press on regardless  thanks for all
the q's.  Thanks to the club for the 5M placque. Really spiffy !    73  chet