[3830] ARRLDX CW K7SV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7SV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:42:52 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   60    41
   80:  141    62
   40:  483    84
   20:  825    90
   15:  390    82
   10:   30    17
-------------------
Total: 1929   376  Total Score = 2,174,784

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Ah, fast run of terrific European cw ops on 20 early Saturday morning - one of

lifes sweet moments, even if the xyl is impatiently trying to get me to explain
how to get audio from the DVD to the receiver in the home entertainment system
while working the pile-up! Condx on 10 and 15 were definitely down from last
year. Think my improvement on 160 can be attributed to better condx as well as
work on the antennas. Congrats to Ed N1UR for another outstanding lp effort.
Also noted the terrific lp Tejas score from Marvin, N5AW. Marv's right, to make
the box with low power one has to run run run. After experiencing noise and
rotator problems Saturday night, decided to take a short nap before trying to
figure them out. Short ended up being six hours, but the rotator problem cleared
itself as well as the noise. Had intermittent rotator problem through the rest
of the weekend. I had a blast as usual, but I'm looking forwarding to making big
progress towards getting the NR4M multi back into the thick of it next year.
K4EU did a great job in his 20 mtr single band effort from there. The 20 meter
stack is definitely working well. Heard scads of PVRC activity as usual. In a
class by himself was KI3O working 412 stations in 192 band countries running low
power to a 12 foot Outbacker!
Thanks to all for the Qs!