[3830] ARRL UHF KB8U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF KB8U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:58:16 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN71
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

  222:   47    26
  432:   70    32
  903:   18    14
  1.2:   34    21
  2.3:   10     8
  3.4:    5     5
  5.7:
  10G:    3     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  187   109  Total Score = 95,811

Club:

Comments:

Consistently very good tropo conditions to the west and northwest, spotty
elsewhere.  Noteable contacts were (from EN71):

432:   W2SZ/1   FN32 (577 miles)
       W5MRB    EM35 (longest DX, about 650 miles)
       K4QI     EM06 (496 miles, in the last minute of the contest!)
3456:  K2DRH    EN41 (296 miles, first time we've worked on that band)
10368: VE3SMA/R EN92 (194 miles, Lake Erie tropo).

On the downside, I worked 0 QSOs one grid to the south, and other easy pickin's
weren't on the air.  Come on guys, use it or lose it!

This is the best UHF contest for multipliers I've ever had.  Activity is up
from the last couple year and the rovers were out in full force.  If you
decided to skip this contest, you missed a good one.  Hope to work you next
year.

73, Russ  KB8U