[3830] SS CW K8FU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8FU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:12:04 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8FU
Operator(s): K8FU
Station: K8FU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: OKLAHOMA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:  182
   40:  221
   20:  335
   15:   16
   10:
------------

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

My first SS CW was as a Novice in 1973. I was hooked on Domestic Contests.In the
first 11 yrs in Ok I operated with wires only.This year gave rise to a new
antenna system here on the "Lily Pad" A Rohn SSV @ 120' with a FM MonstIR On
top and a 4l SteppIR fixed @ 40' toward Philadelphia. A second tower is a
Hy-gain 52' crankup with an Optibeam 7-3. An 80m dipole is mounted between the
2 twrs with the feed point being roughly 100'. The day before the contest I
discovered the Monstir was inop so had to rely on the dipole for 40m but fed
both the SteppIR and the Optibeam simultaneously.
Now in roughly 25 SS CW contests I have NEVER achieved a sweep.This yr with the
new antennas I had all 80 in the bag after 12 hrs. The most difficult sections
from OK are VE8, KL7, and PAC. What really blew my knickers in a twist was that
ALL 3 sections called me.(VE8-2, KL7-5 PAC-2) for my first sweep. In celebration
of this crowning achievement in my SS life I'm gonna pay the bucks for the cup
and sit it on top of the radio where I'll see it every day.
Der Frogmeister........Ribbit............Ribbit..........BOHICA