[3830] TBDC N2CW(@W2GD) Multi-Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2cg@patmedia.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2CW(@W2GD) Multi-Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 10:55:42 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2CW
Operator(s): K2TW, K2SG, N2OO, W1GD, W2CG, W2NO, W2KP
Station: W2GD

Class: Multi-Op QRP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 13.0

Total:  QSOs = 301  Total Score = 2,936

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was our 1st effort in Stew Perry as M/M QRP from the fabulous
in SNJ at the former home of WSC. We greatfully thank N2HM &
WYRS-FM for allowing us to continue our 160 meter operations from the
salt marsh in West Creek, NJ.
We also would like to thank the members of the SJDXA for allowing us
to use the call N2CW for this contest.
While the core members of the W2GD160 Contest Team toiled away at
putting the station together for the Stew, while our "Leader", W2GD was
basking the sun in P4 land. Though this time the unusually mild Wx
in NJ made the job easy to accomplish.
Overall, we felt the band condx were just ok, not as good or expected
for the bottom of the cycle, but after the 05z hour, with the front,
coming in from the West the band went into the toilet with S9 QRN.
Many thanks to the stations that stuck with us until they got us in
their log.
Best DX logged was LY2IJ
other DX logged include: SN2B, CU2JU, DL6RAI, F5IN, F6IRA, GM3POI,
GI0KOW (loud), G0IVZ, KV4FZ (always LOUD), P40W, PJ2/WB9Z, N0FW/KP2.
Not many West Coast and zero Pacific made it into the log.
Station Equip: Icom IC756 ProIII, IC756 ProII, IC746
Tx antennas: NE & SW vertical dipoles @ 180ft & Inverted-L @ 60ft.
Rx antennas: Multiple Bevs to N, E, NE, S, SW, W, & NW.
73 from W2GD160 Contest Team