Re: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1TO SOAB HP

To: <k1to@aol.com>, <fcg@kkn.net>, <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1TO SOAB HP
From: "Milt Jensen" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:45:39 -0700
From: <webform@b4h.net>
To: <3830@contesting.com>; <k1to@aol.com>; <fcg@kkn.net>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 12:12 PM
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1TO SOAB HP

> Disturbing to have lots of newly upgraded US hams call on my  listening
freq outside the US band.

On the opposite scale, I noted a number of 2x1 and 1x2 US stations on 40
Meters who had the wrong VFO selected, announcing to the world on 7.040 (and
other low frequencies) that they were "listening this frequency and 7.040".

> One question that baffled me all weekend:
> Why would "Florida" not be understood, but then they would come > back
with "OK roger Florida Lima"?

I had the same thing happening with NM.  They didn't understand New Mexico,
but quickly acknowledged if I gave them November Mike.  It is the narrow
vocabulary in amateur contesting that is the bottleneck.  I am thankful they
do as well as they do.

73 de Milt, N5IA