[3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:48:43 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 6

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:  14      8
   40:   8      6
   20:   2      2
-------------------
Total:  24     16  Total Score = 384

Club:

Comments:

Started off on 20 this time but my only antlers are inv vees for 80 and 40, and
neither works well on harmonics like 20/15. Heard NOBODY for the first 2 mins
on 20 then finally began hearing weak westerners who were apparently working
inaudible (to me, at least) easterners further down the east coast from me
(K4BAI, N4AF, etc.). Couldn't get through to the westerners without a beam but
finally picked up KZ5D and N4OGW (who surprised me with #10; where the heck did
Tor find that many Qs on what seemed like a quiet band???). A quick search
didn't find anybody out west strong enough to call (at best, all W6/7s were
439, 449) so I went to 40 at 0235Z. That was much better, even yielding my
first W6 in a NS. But it was tuff going and I kept getting beat out by several
folks who would tailend concluding QSOs that had not even been acknowledged as
complete by both stations  ;o  (guess I'm just gwan hafta show my fangs next
time and get more aggressive, eh  ;o) Finally went to 80 at 0249 when I
realized it was coming to an end. Besides, 80 is BY FAR my best band, as
evidenced by 14Q/8M during the last 10 minutes vice only 8Q/6M on 40 over 15
mins.

Then the end came and it was time to turn in this report; but I quickly
realized someone hadn't yet updated the 3830 web site form and held off,
continuing to tune the bands fer new countries  8-) Eventually, N8S was spotted
on 80 and around 0630Z, finally got strong enough in CT to attempt calling.
Imagine my great surprise when he responded to my first call...... BAREFOOT
(even though he was 339 at best and only a QSB peak at that precise minute
yanked him outta the noise long enough to hear him come back 8-)))))))))) That
was in contrast to the night before where I had to call them on 40 for almost
an hour before all the big guns worked him and it was just we lil pistols.

Going have to try to put up a separate 2L wire antler for 20, and rearrange the
40M inv vee wires for better coverage of the west. I think the 80's working well
enough, though  8-) Would like to get something up on 160 but don't know if
it'll be very useful.

Are we supposed to e-mail logs anywhere for the NS Ladder?????