[3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0xp@dandy.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:30:06 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 20

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:  10      7
   40:  24     12
   20:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  34     19  Total Score = 646

Club:

Comments:

Converted the 40 inv vee to a delta loop this afternoon and although the SWR is
3:1, it still seemed to work as well as the inv vee; didn't get done till just
before dark so had no time to do fine tuning. Never even considered trying 20.
40 was working so well, I probly should have stayed there as 80 turned out
noisy and somewhat weak again. Good to finally work NV and CA, and of course
(getting to be "as usual" now  ;o) OR. Heard the VA7 but couldn't wait for him.
Lost 2 mins at the end on 80 while working K5OT when I missed his NR in QRN, and
THREE other guys started calling him before I'd QSLed his exchange  ;o  ;o  ;o
<whine> That busted my rhythm and didn't get it back before it was all over
(/whine>  Unlike last week, I'm confident all the log data is good this time
8-)))))

I realized one reason some in the midwest run up high QSO #s so quickly is
because others in the midwest sit on their freq and play patty-cake. I tried
that but could never sustain more than three claps before it'd all die out and
would have to either tune or CQ again. <whine_again> Another reason, of course,
is from the upper midwest, everyone else is about the same distance away and
thus stronger. So the coasters get beat out often  ;o(  </whine_again>  It
might be inneresting to change the scoring to, say, 2 pts per unique callsigns
vice 1 pt for dupes. But that can cut both ways; one way for coasters to make
lotsa Qs is to work lots of dupes (while, of course, also working reasonable
numbers of mults).

80M:
 1 IL   2 IN   3 MD   4 NH   5 NY   6 TN   7 TX
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
40M:
 1 CA   2 GA   3 IL   4 IN   5 KY   6 MI   7 MS   8 NC   9 NV   10 OR
 11 TX   12 WI
160M  QSOS  =   0 in  0 minutes
 80M  QSOS  =  10 in  7 minutes
 40M  QSOS  =  24 in  22 minutes