[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:29:36 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 18

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   3      1
   40:  11      8
   20:  23     11
-------------------
Total:  38     21  Total Score = 798

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Stn: TS-480(x2)* A3@30ft * 40m EDZ InvVee@40ft * 80m InvVee@40ft * 160m Inv L @v
30ft to 20ft

Horrors...I'm going backwards!  I had 27 Q's at 0245 and expected to finally
break 50, except 80m & 160m turned out to be a real bust.  40m signals were
weak here tonight so took it in the shorts there.  No wine due to antibiotics
which may have affected my score :-)

Major Excuse:  I broke off a tooth & old fillings popped out Tuesday Night.
Yesterday was a trip to my main Dentist, who sent me to an Endodontist who
passed & sent me to an Oral Surgeon. At the end of the day, an old 3 root tooth
was yanked. Then a longgggg drive back in rush hour traffic. I ended up
consuming 50% of a gallon of Dreyers Slow-Churned Vanilla Ice Cream last night
& a bunch of other smooth junk. Still kinda dragging tonight (yogurt for dinner
was not my idea of high-energy Contest Food), although the first 15 minutes were
good.  It was all downhill from there.

As Tom, W7WHY, mentioned on the Post NS Net (3610Khz), we could all probably
fair better by staying on 20m longer over the next few weeks.  There were loud
signals on 20m at 0245 but most players had QSY'd to the lower bands.

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust (Temporarily QRT from Pizza, Steak, and all the good
stuff)