[3830] WPX CW ZM3A(ZL3WW) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZM3A(ZL3WW) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 01:41:17 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZM3A
Operator(s): ZL3WW
Station: ZL3WW

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1643
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Another contest finished in this year.
The TS-850 died on me at the beginning of the contest, so I've replaced
it with the good old TS-930, which seams to be irreplaceable.
The contest has began excellent and in the first 8 hours the rate was
100 Q/h which wasn't that bad at all. At around 21:00 I've realized that
I will end up short of gasoline for the generator as the night is 4
hours longer
than it was for the phone part of contest (on which I based my calculation),
so that I had to decide whether to loose 2 hours of European run, or to
sacrifice one hour of opening to JA.
I've opted to sacrifice JA run which proved to be correct decision.
First night saw 1080 QSOs in the log. The second night propagation
deteriorated, causing the rate to go down and finishing with 1643 contacts.
I would like to thank Armin ZL1KMN from whom I borrowed the compass
and finally figured out the exact direction of North, which was
something like
45 degrees from what I previously thought, but we learn every day...
The equipment is more or less standard: TS-930, KNTD400, GP and
3 el yagi. Thanks everyone who called me and see you again in CQWW RTTY.