[3830] WPX CW NN3L(N3RS) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN3L(N3RS) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 01:49:48 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN3L
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.8

------------
  160:
   80:  213
   40:  699
   20: 1223
   15:  150
   10:   77
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was originally intended to be a single band entry on 40M, but T-storms in
the area killed any interest in going that route.  I then thought it would be
fun to try a SOAB entry and found that conditions seemed pretty lousy, so I
turned on packet about 1/3 of the way through the contest.  It then turned into
a little more fun and I continued, even though I was not doing that well going
into Saturday after a 4 hour nap.  Conditions improved as the contest wore on
and even provided quite a few european QSOs on 10M.

Congrats to Charlie on his super effort.  He always seems to set the pace in
the SOA category.  Thanks to all that called in and helped me to make a fairly
good score.  I only wish I had thought of using the beverages earlier on Sunday
evening when 40M was quite good to europe, but marred by strong T-storm activity
locally again.  I did find that I could copy most of the callers using the
beverage, while not being able to do so on the 3 el Yagi.  Those lost 6
pointers are hard to compensate for on 20M.

EQUIPMENT & ANTENNAS:
FT-1000MP & ACOM 2000A
80M rotary dipole @ 140 ft.
40M 3 el Yagi @ 140 ft.
20M 5/5/5 stack @ 37/77/117 ft. & 204BA @ 100 ft. fixed south
15M 5/5/5 stack @ 46/87/130 ft. & 5/5 stack @ 40/80 ft. fixed south
10M 5/5/5 stack @ 22/50/83 ft. & 5 el Yagi @ 150 ft.
All yagis except the fixed south arrays are rotatable.

2-wire beverages at 30º/210º; 90º/270º; 160º340º

73 de Sig, N3RS (aka NN3L)