[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS(@K7RI) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS(@K7RI) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:34:49 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 29

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7RI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   4      3
   40:  26     15
   20:  35     14
-------------------
Total:  66     33  Total Score = 2,178

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

HEY, this was really fun..!! started out a few minutes early before the start
with some unique code practice with super-op K5NZ...he's teaching me the new
MIKE-NZ CODE as opposed to the standard MORSE CODE.  -   Then the starting bell
rang at 0230 and it was OFF TO THE RACES...20 was great...sigs good...new
england stayed loud....!! lots of good rate and mults... stayed on 20 a bit too
long, but tried to delay that lost feeling you get when going to 40 you find you
just cant work anyone.. 40 seems to actually change and get better in just 10
minutes... must be a figment of my imagination.....but recall hitting a brick
wall on 40 when first there...and then getting it going in just a few
minutes... maybe its having to adjust to the noise, a bit slower speed, and the
general qrm/qrn... but it happens just about every NS.. wonder if others on the
west coast find the same thing.  80 at this time of year is just about
impossible to navigate other than the very close-in guys...and got lucky and
found K6UFO for rare CA mult, as well as VA7ST twice and perennial neighbor
W7OM in the last few minutes...then off to 160 for sure thing W7OM and WA mult
with seconds to go...THANKS ROD! (Sorry for the QLF when the Bencher paddle
fell apart while sending you my report...) Thanks again to K7RI for letting me
guest op. Really lucky to have such a great station so close by and accessible.
See you all in a couple weeks for more great NCCC FUN!  73 de K7SS Danny