[3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ctdxcc@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:31:32 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 27

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   2      2
   40:  16     12
   20:  27     12
-------------------
Total:  45     26  Total Score = 1,196

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun evening on the sprint....and am sorry to see the ladder end.

Tonight I had my personal best, and it was a very easy, comfortable
operation....thought for a spell I would finally hit 50Qs, but then I had a 3
minute no-QSO stretch on 40m with 12 minutes to go....bummer! I need to push
myself through these no-QSO stretches!  Its getting more comfortable, and
someday I may be ready for S02R. Have gotten to the point where I can tell when
I am working others using S02R, the slight pause, etc.

For some reason, I was very ineffective on 40m this week, as there was
unusually high VSWR on the new sloper anchored in the tree. The G5RV at 40'
seemed to hold its own on 20m. Thanks to Ted W8UE for staying with me to
complete the qso on 80m.

Was nice to hear many new calls on tonight, and new multipliers with John K0IO
in Iowa and Scotty W7SW in Arizona. Didnt hear mentor Jim N3BB but very nice to
hear W5ZL from CTDXCC on the band.