[3830] WAE SSB WX3B Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB WX3B Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 18:52:36 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:   10     0    24
   40:   50    38    63
   20:  699   718    98
   15:    2     0     4
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  761   756   189  Total Score = 286,713

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Warning:  My "mults" are N1MM "weighted" mults!

Great contest - most operation on Sunday.  Mark, KD4D reminded me of the 5:00am
opening last year on 20 meters, so there I was CQing at 5:00am sharp on
14mhz...for 2 hours...without any result.  DR1A was the first signal heard at
about 6:something AM...band didn't wake up until almost 7:00.

15m was missing in action on Saturday and had a very nice, loud, short opening
Sunday.  You'll notice I don't have alot of QSOs on 15:  still in process of
resolving a neighbor audio RFI issue.

40m was in great shape at the end of the contest, and of course 20m was the
money band for me during the event.  I had hoped to beat my 900 QSOs from last
year on 20, however I didn't do enough time.

Enjoyed the packet rag chews during the event (KD4D, W4MYA, others) and there
were some TRULY impressive signals on the band by DR1A, OM2VL, LX7I, 4N8A,
GW4BLE, etc.

Thanks to the good sports that weren't IN the contest, but called me.  Those
casual operators accounted for at least 80% of my log - most contacts had VERY
LOW numbers.

Now I'm ready for CQWW at V26B!

73,

Jim Nitzberg   WX3B