[3830] CQWW CW VE3THX SOSB(A)/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3THX SOSB(A)/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:14:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3THX
Operator(s): VE3THX
Station: VE3THX

Class: SOSB(A)/20 LP
QTH: Toronto
Operating Time (hrs): 7.75

  160:
   80:
   40:   1      1        1
   20:  96     16       50
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  97     17       51  Total Score = 16,320

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Every year over the Thanksgiving weekend our family goes up to Toronto, where we
stay at the home of another ham (VE3OSW - Thanks, Chris!). This year I brought
the rig up and I used his 25' high inverted vee to see if I could have a little
fun and get the FRC some points. In just a few hours over the weekend I did
manage to bang out 50 countries but not many Q's.

I found the compromise antenna a little too much of a compromise for any
serious operating, and my call turned out to be very difficult to use on CW
(busted as VE3TSX instead of THX). Nevertheless, in the spare few hours between
social occasions, I did manage to get a few points for the club and use my
Canadian call on HF for the first time in almost 10 years.

Hopefully next year will be better. I'm hoping to get a solid-state amp to
bring up for the occasion as well as trying to convince my host to upgrade his
antennas <grin>.

73 for this year!