[3830] CQWW CW K2LE M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2le@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2LE M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:58:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2LE
Operator(s): K2LE N2UN W2YK
Station: K2LE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   57    14       42
   80:  291    22       97
   40:  542    29      124
   20: 1301    34      139
   15:  196    24      103
   10:   33    11       27
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Due to some of our regular gang retiring from contesting, moving away and
vacationing (on Dxpedition to J3A), we were down a skeleton crew..so we chose
M/S category this year.

Due to computer malfunctions we had only two active positions available,
needing a chinese fire drill type rearranging and rerouting a million cables-
just before the contest started.
Most surprising was to find heavy contest activity between 14000 and 14130
kHz.
Never even thought of looking there till a spot for VU2PAI appeared on 14122

(worked him on one call). Also, EU was workable on 40 meters 24 hours a day..

Equipment : 2 x FT1000 MPs, 2 x Alpha 87 Amps.
Antennas: ( on 4 towers )

10 m: 8 ele @ 110', 6 ele @ 52', 4 ele @ 96' fixed south
15 m: 5 ele rotary @ 62', 3 ele @ 96' south
20 m: 5 over 5 stack @ 95/65', 3 ele @ 75'
40 m: 4 ele yagi @ 100', 3 ele @75'
80/160 Inv. Vee @ 95', NE/SW beverages ( scheduled for serious uograde next
year)

It was fun as always- my 53th year of CQWW contesting - from 4 continents

Andy K2LE