[3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:59:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): K4BAI, KU8E, K5OT, KZ5D
Station: PJ4G

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bonaire, N.A.
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   558    18       75
   80:   966    25       98
   40:  3429    36      134
   20:  2851    35      127
   15:  2378    27      118
   10:   174    17       31
-------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Club score:  1/3 to Central Texas DX and Contest Club; 2/3 to South East Contest
Club.  Thanks to Noah, K2NG/PJ4G for the rental of his great contest station and
to Geoff, W0CG/PJ2DX for help with license application.  Also thanks for
everyone who called.  The team worked well together.  We had two complete 600W
to 1 KW stations, one with an FT1000MP and one with an Icom 756 Pro.  Also we
had a K2 set up using an unused at the moment antenna to spot multipliers and
band openings.  We made a few QSOs with this barefoot/miscellaneous antenna
station when one of the run stations had a slow run and a few QSOs could be
interleved.  Three laptops were networked.  Unfortunatley, one of the run
stations could not be configured to key the rig from the computer, so the
operator of that station had to use a keyer and the memories in the Icom rig
for keying all QSOs.  Darn these new laptops with no LPT ports.  We used CTWIN
and it was very reliable, but won't key the rig through a COM port.

We put out a US and an European beverage antenna and they worked very well.  We
were able to use them on 160, 80, 40, and 15 meters when signals were at or
below the noise level on the transmit antennas.

Conditions seemed good on all bands.  160 and 40 played particularly well.  10
was a disappointment, particularly when compared to last year.  We heard no
Europeans this year, but had a good opening to Europe on 10 last year.  Only
worked Africa and the Americas.  Saw spots for Hawaii, but couldn't hear them.
Only a few short openings to US and Canada.  We heard HC8N running US stations
when we couldn't hear them this far east.

FT1000MP, AL1200; Icom 756 Pro, MLA2500, inverted L on 160 (about 90' of
vertical height), 80 meter dipole, C3 at about 100', C31XR at 50 feet, 2
element Force Twelve 40 M yagi at 90'.

Hope to work you all next trip and from our home stations in between.

73,  John, K4BAI.

QSL PJ4/home calls and PJ4A via K4BAI.