[3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0xp@dandy.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:25:19 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 14

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  23     13
   40:  11      8
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  34     21  Total Score = 714

Club:

Comments:

SNS:
3.5   5Qs 3Ms
7.0   1Q  1M
Total 6Qs 4Ms = 24
Only heard N3BB on 7, absolutely nobody else although I *think* K4BAI was in
there. Even W9RE was superweak on 3.5 and was surprised he came back.

Started NS on 14, total waste of time, zero signals. 7 gradually improved from
SNS lack of propagation but was still pretty poor even for the west coast; only
heard N6RO and W0YK and everybody else had similarly low-NRs those first 5 mins.
Thanks to newbies (for me, anyway) N0AC and K9UIY on 7; also nice to work VA3NR
and W1FJ as "rare" mults for me these past few months. Stuck with 7 till 0345
as I knew 3.5 would be good but I'd bottom out on multipliers, so wanted a few
more on 7 before QSYing. Worked well, with 8 on 7 for the first time in a month
or more. And 13 on 3.5 ain't chicken feed fer me, either. West Coast was barely
audible but band kept getting better; last one I heard was K6VVA but couldn't
grab that slippery Locust  ;o) Had my finger on the bandswitch button after my
last CQ and a split second before I was going to press it for 160, N9NB called
in so wound up not going to 160 at all as quickly grabbed a last few Qs on 80,
9 in the last 5 minutes.

Those short static crashes were really perfidious tonight; they kept taking out
the NR but rarely anything else, noticed several others similarly afflicted.
;o

TS-680S
80m Inv V
40m sloper toward EU (one these days when there's no EU contest coming up, I'll
rember to swing it around to the NW for NS  ;o)