[3830] TBDC VE2TZT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE2TZT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:42:27 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE2TZT
Operator(s): VE2TZT
Station: VE2TZT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN35
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 542  Total Score = 2,754

Club: CGQ

Comments:

Very pleasant contest, with only 14 hours, where folks seem to be more relaxed
than for other TB contests, do not matter to repeat as much as needed and where
it is easy to find a free calling frequency.

Never had such good EU openings on 160m during a contest for the nearly 2 years
I am working on 160m.

So bad that this big storm over south USA had been sending QRN during the
second part of the night preventing me from receiving SA and South Pacific
signals.

Note : often, when you call me, I ask for a repeat, and I fell that some
(lowering the speed, transmitting 3 times, ect...), especially USA stations,
are surprised because at their end, they have a strong signal from me, it is
not always because your signal is weak, it is because, with successive
improvements, my rx antenna system becomes to have a good directivity and I
need to find the right direction before copying you correctly. I can never
listen on the omni-directional tx antenna, the noise is permanently S 9+.

Rig : FT1000 MKV , 1000 W
Tx ant : 21m high T vertical in trees and 32X20m radials.
Rx ant : 4 double input beverages with relay for the terminal resistor,
providing 8 directions (N/S : 2*85m broadside, E/W : 200 m, SE/NO 110m, SW/NE
160m).

Happy new year, Gilles