[3830] CaQP K6QK M/SCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6zh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6QK M/SCntyExp HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 20:58:20 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6QK
Operator(s): N7CW, N6EEG, N6ERD, K6ZH
Station: K6QK

Class: M/SCntyExp HP
QTH: Imperial Co.
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:   53    202
   40:  325    137
   20:  423    433
   15:   18      1
   10:    1      1
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

Operating for the 6th year from Desert View Tower in Imperial County, 3000 feet
above the desert floor.  W-I-N-D-Y!!  We barely got the antennas up on Friday
afternoon, and then hunkered down for the entire weekend.

This is our first year using Harvey, K6QK's call - in honor of our Silent Key
friend (as of February 2008).  The Imperial Contest Group - ops:  N7CW, N6EEG,
N6ERD, and K6ZH.  In the past years, we have used the callsign W6PT which
belongs to the San Diego DX Club.

Condx on 15 were virtually non-existant.  20 was open somewhere most of the
time fortunately.  40 was great, 80 was good.  Found VY1MB with only 30 minutes
to go on Sunday for the last mult!

Equipment:  IC-746 plus Alpha amp, 40-2CD on 40 mtrs, A4 on 20 and 15, dipole
on 80.  All antennas were on a trailer-mounted tower, built by Harvey and
recently updated by Bruce, N7TY.

73 - Jim, K6ZH