[3830] CQWW SSB K7ZSD M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7ZSD M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:44:48 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): KI7Y, KR7X, K7ZS, K7GK, W7ZB, NC7M, K7AR, K9JF, KN7K, K7RF, K2PO,
K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   32    11       15
   80:  167    23       45
   40:  282    28       67
   20:  900    34      122
   15:  548    24       69
   10:    9     4        4
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Another great time had by all here at Smoke Ranch. We had 7 operators Saturday
night with 5 watching the World Series game, a new record!  Sunday was perfect
70 degree weather with the spud gun shooting contest and the after contest
dinner at sunset on the deck. We had a toast to the great operators, some new
and some veterans, many thanks to the entire crew.

This years conditions were better than last, Friday night being a highlight on
160m working Europe on SSB for the first time ever. Twenty meters and 15m were
good on Saturday, only fair on Sunday. Forty meters and 80 were uneventful with
poor openings over the pole both nights. Our score is up 30 percent from last
years, maybe we are past the bottom.

The only station improvements this year were 2 additional beverage antennas.
They worked great, we could hear much more than we worked. All we need are
another 5 to 10 db on the xmit side on the low bands. We started a tower fund
this year for a third tower. Bake sales and car washes were discussed, with a
gambling junket to Las Vegas, putting all on red, being the winning idea.

We all cheered Sunday morning when the two presidential candidates on MEET THE
PRESS both guaranteed the American people they would not have to go through
another Maunder Minimum.

Thanks to all the great operators around the world, this is a great hobby, see
you next year.