[3830] SS CW K2ZR Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2zr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K2ZR Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:21:37 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K2ZR
Operator(s): K2ZR
Station: K2ZR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:    0
   80:  266
   40:  167
   20:   83
   15:    5
   10:    0
------------

Club: Western NY DX Association

Comments:

My first SSCW with a new K2, new laptop & N1MM: Nary a glitch. A wonderful
contest combination for me. Antennas were a 660' CF wire and a 425' EF wire.
Band conditions were decent. If anything, conditions were long. It was nice
that there was little to no noise on 80 meters. I did take 5 minutes Saturday
evening to listen for 160 activity and, to my chagrin, heard none. Maybe I
didn't listen long enough but with 80 on top of its' game, I didn't give 160
much more than one sweep up and down the band. No activity so I was gone.
One thing for sure; CW is not dead. And, there continues to be a sea of quality
CW OPS plus a bevy of budding CW contest OPS in our ranks.
I heard VY1EI on 20 meters for maybe 10 minutes and then, poof he disappeared.
Never found a KL7 and, heard a VE4 one time while he did a S&P dance. I did try
to follow him but, to no avail. No sweep, but, I was pleased with working the
other 77 sections running 5 watts and wires.
One thing for sure, it gets tougher to hang in for 24 hours as one grows
older!
See you in the next one.
73,
Dick, K2ZR